Every sailor should bring with them:
- There are several life jackets designed specifically for sailing making it easier to move about in the boat. It should be Coast Guard approved, comfortable, and fit properly. Patagonia and West Marine are great options.
- Necessary to keep your feet injury-free and dry! We recommend either rubber or neoprene booties from brands such as Gill or Aigle, but sneakers and regular water shoes will also suffice. Wet suit booties are also a fine option. No open toed shoes
- At least SPF 30-sun reflects off the water!
- Extremely important to stay HYDRATED in the sun and salt water!
- Neoprene keeps you warm when wet! Ideal for beginner sailors who may spend some time in the water.
- Waterproof jacket/pants designed specifically to keep sailors dry and warm! We recommend brands like Gill or Henri Lloyd
- Any sort of rash guard, capilene or spandex under-layers that will keep you warm either alone or under spray gear. Patagonia and Under Armor are two great sources. NO COTTON!
Towel/Change of Clothes
- Self Explanatory…
All of these items can be found at:
(located in Portland, OR–must order online!)
(located right in Sausalito!)