Every sailor should bring with them:
- There are several life jackets designed specifically for sailing making it easier to move about in the boat. It should be Coast Guard approved, comfortable, and fit properly.
- Necessary to keep your feet injury-free and dry! We recommend either rubber or neoprene booties from brands such as Gill or Aigle, but sneakers will also suffice. No open toed shoes!
- At least SPF 30-sun reflects off the water!
- Extremely important to stay HYDRATED in the sun and salt water!
- Neoprene keeps you warm when wet! Ideal for beginner sailors who may spend some time in the water.
- Waterproof jacket/pants designed specifically to keep sailors dry and warm! We recommend brands like Gill or Henri Lloyd
- Any sort of rash guard, capilene or spandex under-layers that will keep you warm either alone or under spray gear. Patagonia and Under Armor are two great sources. NO COTTON!
Towel/Change of Clothes
- Self Explanatory…
All of these items can be found at: