Racing at SYC
Excitement, competition, speed, power, strategy, tactics, precision boat handling. That is sailboat racing. And that is racing at the Sausalito Yacht Club. The SYC offers this off the scenic Marin Headlands adjacent to the iconic Golden Gate Bridge. The races are run professionally with an on-the-water race committee that is second to none. The club atmosphere provides a great location for after race bragging or complaining. The bar and galley are open after all the races. Click here to see the full schedule along with links for Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions.Click here for the upcoming club events page via Regatta Network.
The club-sponsored or supported races in 2014 include:
- Twin Island Series: three races around Alcatraz and Angel Island on April 19th, July 19th and October 18th. You choose your direction around the islands… (Click here to enter on line)
- Sunset Series: Ten Spring and Summer races on alternate Tuesday nights to set aside work pressures for mid-week competition capped off with the bar and a cookout. The Spring Series starts April 29th and the Summer Series starts July 22nd. The Champion of Champions race is on October 11th. (Click here to enter on line)
- Master Mariners Annual Regatta: The Sausalito Yacht Club continues it’s long tradition of supporting this spectacular event May 24th (Memorial Day Weekend) supplying Mercury and the Race Committee to officiate. Approximately 70 wooden vessels of traditional design and construction from 19 to 122ft will participate – most built before 1950. This years race will begin at the City Front near the St Francis Yacht Club around 1200 and finish off the east end of Treasure Island around 1500
- Rear Commodore’s Race: a 20 mile race / cruise to Vallejo Yacht Club on June 28th. This is usually a great downwind race with an excellent party and dinner afterward.
- Midwinters Series: five races on the first Sunday of the month from November through March.
- Jaws Race: Start and finish off the club deck. A pursuit race for sailors; a predicted log race for powered boats. (March 23rd in 2014). A race for SYC members for the “Jaws” trophy. Watch for the Notice of Races on this web site. Sign up, get competitive, improve your skills and have fun on the water and back at the club. You’ll love our welcoming atmosphere at the SYC club house. We look forward to seeing you out on the water and at the club.